Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Anna's time at Badger Camp


Anna Strasser's time as an intern

Hi Wisconsin Badger Camp family and friends! As you all may know I have been interning with Badger Camp for this past spring semester.  I had the opportunity to complete my Public Relations Internship. I would like to tell you about  my experiences and opportunities that this internship provided me!
I first want to talk about what my role was as an intern. My time here consisted of working on Badger Camp’s social media sites; Facebook, Twitter, Blogger and (their newest form of social media), Pinterest. I kept their social media fun, interesting and current. I also created a few brochures and flyers for camp to help grow awareness for upcoming events that Badger Camp was having.
I knew how to use Word and Excel already coming into the internship, but I also was able to gain experience in Publisher as well. Other tasks included making phone calls, updating camper applications, and volunteering. 
I enjoyed being able to help plan for the events as well as run the events. I had so much fun volunteering for the 26th Annual Valentines Party, Christmas Telethon, Halloween Party, Spring Spruce Up and the upcoming Garage Sale. Helping with whatever I can is a great feeling and the things they do for people are outstanding. I am so blessed and gracious to have had this opportunity to work and grow from such wonderful and caring people.
Lastly, thank you to everyone who helped me get started at Wisconsin Badger Camp. It was a great opportunity that pushed me to my full potential. I had the greatest experience here at Badger camp and was able to learn a lot of new things through the process. I learned how to be a better writer, communicate with others, plan events and the importance of volunteering. Working in the nonprofit sector is one that will last a lifetime! Thank you again, to everyone at Wisconsin Badger Camp for giving me the experience of a lifetimeJ
                                       Anna Strasser

No comments:

Post a Comment